November 13, 2018
08:30-14:00 Registration Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, UdeC.
14:50-15:00 Welcome by Ana Gimeno. Chair, WorldCALL Steering
15:00-18:30 Auditorio Juan Perelló Puig, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, UdeC.
16:30-17:00 Coffee Break at EMPREUDEC Parking Lot Tent
Sustainability and Inter University Collaboration in Higher Education Capacity Building for English for Specific and Academic Purposes (ESAP)
How can scholars of science and technology gain ground and confidence to professionally communicate in English in a global world? In this workshop the (peda)linguistic underpinning of this growth is highlighted in order to feed an ensuing round table discussion on sustainable networks and projects. It focuses on the results of capacity building projects in which joint or dual PhD diplomas are granted, and which have been bridging and stimulating collaboration among universities worldwide, including Latin America.
- Introduction to International Inter University Collaboration: the Approach of VLIRIUC.be to Capacity Building and the Role of English.
Lut Baten, KULeuven, Belgium.
- Assessment Literacy and Endeavors towards Certification System.
Claudia Harsch, University of Bremen, Germany.
- Virtual Exchange for Capacity Building and Entrepreneurship.
Sake Jager, University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- Faculty Identity and Engagement and FL Planning in Higher Education.
Liliana del Pilar Gallego, Universidad de Caldas, Colombia.
- E-learning and In-service Training in Iran, Ethiopia, Cuba.
Maryam Asoodar, Uiversity of Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- A Proposal for Capacity Building in Translation: The Use of Corpus Linguistics in Lexical Disambiguation.
Clara Escalona Falcón, Universidad de Oriente, Cuba.
- Developing Intercultural Communicative Competence through English Teaching in Academic Contexts.
Ana Fernández Peraza, Universidad Americana, Costa Rica.